My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, October 9, 2020

Farmer Friday 10/9/2020


Today I picked chard and kale

And some radish for tomorrow’s market. 

This week I got the ridge cap on the patchwork shed. 


I put elastomeric roof coating on but it was hard getting into the cracks. 


So I screwed an old paint brush to an old mop handle to push it into the cracks and bumpy places. 

Getting some pretty colors from a new generation of olive eggers. 


Four Black Copper Marans chicks hatched out. 


A friend gifted me with some old work tables. 

Farmer Girl has been painting the shed. 


Today I worked on getting a work bench put together. 


And repairing and painting an old door. I also did some odds and ends on the end wall framing. Lots more to do yet but getting there one board at a time. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate my friends and neighbors that have gifted me with so many building materials. 



No comments:

Post a Comment