My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Seedy Sunday


I made up a big batch of seed starting mix. I just rub peat moss through 1/4” hardware cloth and add vermiculite until it looks right.  I then proceeded to make soil blocks and get planting. 240 tomato and pepper seeds on the heat mat, flowers and herbs of all kinds. 


I spent a lot of time watching Posie but she’s still pregnant. 


Compare this picture or her from January 

To this one from today. 

Egg production is up like crazy. 59 good eggs, 4 broken, 3 bantam and 5 duck. 

I didn’t take a lot of pictures today but got a good amount done, planting seeds, moved Caramel back up on the hill, cleaned up some junk in the driveway, unloaded the hay, watered a lot of plants, did some dishes and some laundry. 

#appreciation
It was a really pretty sunny day 




No comments:

Post a Comment