My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year


I woke up to a white 2019.



It started snowing the night before and Giotto was anxious and whining so I put him up in the big chicken coop. His instincts were right, the hoop house I made wasn't stable enough in the wind and snow and collapsed. 



He’s been in the big chicken house ever since. This morning it was still very cold and trying to snow again. He stuck his head out the door and promptly backed up. I don't think he likes this weather at all.



Egg production is picking up with several new pallets getting started. Hopefully the weather doesn't put them off.



I think there is another raccoon hanging around. These tracks went in and out of the new tent shed where the cats food is. 


They don’t look like the cat prints which are small circles. I will have to set the traps up as soon as the weather breaks a bit. It's snowing again this morning. I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad, I have to work until 4:30 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment