My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Jan 3, 2019


That is as far out of the chicken house Giotto will come. He just doesn’t know what to think about all this snow.


The Pinal mountains south of me are covered. 



This was New Years Day. A lot has melted off but there is a lot left!



Egg production is picking up with new layers on the box and some old layers eggs down in the bucket.

I just wish it would warm up a little bit. Hauling 5 or more gallons of water out to the coops every morning is starting to get real old. Tomorrow is Friday and I have no idea if there will be any usable greens to pick for Saturday market or not. Everything has been frozen solid for days now. You can't touch a plant when it's frozen or it will just turn to mush when it thaws out. Well, at least I'll have some eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment