My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, January 7, 2019

Jan 7, 2019


I saw this at the grocery store a week or two ago. Capons are castrated chickens.  Removing the testes cause them to put some fat into the muscle meat instead of layering it under their skin or packing it in around their internal organs. It also means that the males can be raised together without fighting for months. A friend that grows their own says they have processed them at 18 months and they were very tender and juicy. (Intact males at that age are tough and stringy and will kill each other).  Caponizing does require going into the body cavity to remove the testes. It’s on my list of things to learn to do!



I had to work early today and will for couple of weeks. But after work worked on cleaning out moms office. Look what I excavated in there..... Do they even still make drives that can read these?

No comments:

Post a Comment