My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, January 4, 2019

The 4th day of January


Good morning Sun. Almost 9:00 and just coming over the hill. 

Still lots of snow. Was about 25°F when I got up. I think the high today was *maybe* 50. So no greens or herbs for market tomorrow.  It’s supposed to warm up this week so maybe next Saturday. 



A new girl has joined the layers club. Very nice blue Ameraucana egg.  

I’ll get a pic tomorrow- today I moved over a small coop and moved in a group of Silkies that I want to hatch from this spring. Later I went back and got another coop taken apart so I can move it tomorrow afternoon. It’s supposed to rain on Sunday so part of tomorrow will also be cutting and stockpiling dry wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment