My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Better Hurry! Spring is Coming!


I tidied up this corner on Thursday. 

Had to replace a light fixture because I couldn’t get it to turn on, no buzzing or anything. I made 400 two inch soil blocks and planted calendula, columbine, chamomile, yarrow, pansies, sweet alyssum 

Then I made 240 3/4” soil blocks and planted 12 kinds of tomatoes. 


And look! In 3 days the sweet alyssum is sprouting. 

I worked on some irrigation which as you can see is leaking. 


I harvested more rocks. 

Pregnant Posie gave me a scare with what was probably some false labor. Tomorrow we’ll see if I fixed the leaky irrigation and make a better cover for the maternity pen since we’re  expecting rain next week. 


I just had a few eggs for market because the greens are infested with aphids and flea beetles. So I sprayed them with spinosad an organic product marketed as Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew. Hopefully getting on it early will knock them out quick. 

#appreciation
I appreciate the nice weather we’ve been having although it means more bugs. I’m looking forward to the rain coming next week because we really need it 





No comments:

Post a Comment