My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Ugh. What a Time We’re Having

Pregnant Posie got a tarp to stay dry. No kids yet. I’m thinking her due date of about March 9 is correct and this has just been a false alarm. 

Fuzzybutt is an odd kitten. I’ve had her jump straight up in the air to land in my arms without warning. And as soon as I go to change into pajamas she’s right there to hop in bed and stand on my chest. 

I finally got some shelf pins and made more shelves so I could get more stuff out of the kitchen. 


Cuz, you know, I need to be able to walk in there. 


That’s a 4’ greenhouse window. Took me two days to clear a path to it then get it cleaned out. The bird net is to keep the cats out of it. 

It holds 8 seedling trays. These are calendula, pansy, sweet alyssum and chamomile. 


Then I made more soil blocks and moved some of the tomatoes. 

Right now some Black Cherry, Supersteak, Principe Borghese, Beefsteak, Brandywine and some others. I also made more little blocks and planted more seeds. I even had to order some more trays. 



In the meantime work continues on clearing this area so we can dig up and redo the bathtub drain which seems to be totally clogged up with tree roots. 

The airtight wood stove seems to have croaked and the nearest company certified repair person is almost 100 miles from me and quoted $185 for service visit +$250 for time and travel due to distance then any necessary parts on top of that. So we are limping along with space heaters to keep the chill off and pray the electric bill isn’t too outrageous. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate that I don’t live up north with tons of snow!






No comments:

Post a Comment