My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Busy Week


The egg bucket is so full!

And so is the Itty Bitty Greenhouse 

I found a cool headboard and painted it gold. In middle under it is a blackberry and the green spots to the right are Sunroots. (AKA sun chokes or Jerusalem artichokes)

I planted some pots with pansies, sweet alyssum and calendula 

That’s a hook on the milk stand to hold the chain to keep the headlock closed. Posie was fussing and dancing around when she ran out of grain and snapped it off. 

Check out the cream on that milk!  Nothing better than fresh raw milk. 



The fridge on Friday afternoon. Boy do I need a walk in!


Dismantling the emergency shelter I made for Caramel when it snowed. Next up a chicken composting system. 


WHAT????!!! It’s only April 2nd. That could be a record. 


Scents of childhood, lilacs and iris


This is what a mini van with 201 four inch pots looks like. Saturday was our plant sale and I sold 144 plants. Woot!

Giotto got close enough to sniff Posie’s tail while she was on the milk stand. He won’t get that close to her any other time because he was hurt by a goat. Posie is not thrilled but didn’t even stomp her feet   

Mmm. I guess goats kids aren’t the only critters to nap in feed pans. 


And now I have a broody hen

#appreciation
Today I appreciate the great turnout at the plant sale and all the abundance coming my way. 








No comments:

Post a Comment