My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Farmer Friday & Beyond


I picked flowers 

Spinach 

Salad mix

Found some beets in the jungle

Kale mix


Swiss chard 

The Tombstone rose are beginning to bloom


Hard to see in the pic but the red flowered locust is blooming and buzzing with bumblebees 

In spite of the early blooming and late snow there are little green plums


I took a ton of plants to market. 

Little buckling will probably have horns after all. I was afraid of that. He was born with big horn buds. 

I worked on the new chicken pen. I just threw these half rotten pallets together to make a roost. I’ll replace them later as I want a different configuration but this will work for now. The chickens will help compost the waste hay and bedding from the goat pen. 


Oooh. Do you see it?


This. The first egg from some fall hatched pullets. 

There are tons of things I do in a day that I forget to photograph or write about. Currently on Saturday we aren’t home until about 2:00. So I have lunch then unload the car. Today I watered all the pots of plants, worked on the chicken pen. Then it was chore time, giving the chickens a treat and collecting eggs. Then time to milk and water more plants. I finished up with the pen and at dark moved 21 birds in. They will be a bit crowded but I think the compost will keep them busy. I’ll make that pen bigger soon. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciated the longer evening light. 






No comments:

Post a Comment