My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

The Impossible Never Ending Todo List


I got about 20 cherry tomato plants in here and more on the trellis at the end. 


The list of tomatoes in the ground now. 

The wagon has been full of mesquite bits for months. I finally put it on the wood rack. 

I tidied up the corner of the shed, unloaded feed then got the truck and hauled hay. 


I’ve had fly traps out almost two months now, trying to get ahead of them but seems there are more than ever. So bought a couple more. This trap was out for less than an hour. 


I tidied up in the greenhouse and moved things around since I’ve moved out a lot of tomatoes. These dahlias are coming along good. I’m going to take some cuttings from them so I can have more. 

I rebuilt the compost pile and watered it down. The goats pen has some wet nasty spots down under the dry bedding on top so I worked on cleaning that up and hauling it to the pile. If there are any fly larvae in it the chickens will gobble them up. 

The moon tonight has a pink ring. Besides these things I did regular chores and gave all the chickens some grit, hung new mineral feeders for the goats and watered a lot of plants. 

#appreciation
I’m appreciating and enjoying the nice weather we’re having tho some rain would be good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment