My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Spring Means No Time


The compost girls settled in nicely

That giant egg last week was a double yolker. Not going to get yolks that bright from the grocery store!

Part of a major project I worked on a lot the past couple weeks. I may do a whole post with project pics


😩 my pressure pump on my new well has malfunctioned. But my well guys have gotten it traded in for a new one since it was only a few months old. Hopefully it will be back up and running by midweek. 

Giotto wasn’t too sure what to do with the kids, especially when they were trying to jump on him. 

Miss Caramel has definite baby bulges. 


And her udder is growing   Kidding will happen sometime in the next few weeks 

It’s a jungle in here. This bed is full of fennel, Swiss chard, calendula as well as oats, curly dock and clover. 


The goats enjoyed the greens. 

Mmmm. Looks like this area needs some weeding and thinning too

Four fall hatched pullets, full sisters, have begun laying. 


This garden is getting a makeover and lots of tomato plants 


The flowers are starting to pop. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate beautiful weather, garden abundance and working a few hours less at my off farm job. 









No comments:

Post a Comment