My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, June 25, 2018

6/25/18 The Days Work

Sunday's Eggs
I have an abundance of eggs right now. I was too tired Sunday to sort and date them so did them this morning. Then out to do chores.



I mixed some concrete and lugged it by the bucket load up the hill to stabilize some of the fence posts. You don't normally cement in T-posts but a lot of this hill is shifty and unstable so I'm cementing some of them in so they don't wash out. I originally wanted a pen 50x100 feet but about 40 feet up the slope it got even steeper. I think it will end up being about 40x80-90 feet. Once done I can move the extra chickens and the dogs home from my mom's place.

Pineapple Sage
I managed to get the Pineapple Sage potted on into bigger pots. They are not always winter hardy here so I keep them potted so I can protect them in the winter. When I raised rabbits I would grind older ones up with fatty pork for sausage and used Pineapple Sage to season them, a light sage flavor with fruity tones.

Pandorino tomato
Some of the cherry size tomatoes are almost ready, much much later than last year!

some of the chicks
I have chicks of all sizes and ages. From hatched yesterday to almost 4 months old.

making jelly
I spent the morning mostly watering and moving hoses around. Then after lunch I made prickly pear jelly which never jelled. So it's just syrup. That's the second time that recipe has not worked. Will try a different recipe tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment