My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, June 29, 2018

6/29/18 Farmer Friday


The trumpet vine planted by my grandmother at least 50 years ago is blooming. 



Never a dull moment around here. Little chicken stuck inside a door because the wire came unstapled at the top. 



Picking kale for orders. This bed is getting sad. It's not getting enough water. So having to hand water. Always just one more thing to do. 



Cleaning up the area for a new pen.  I didn't get it all done but close. 



Went back to mom's and ate and cooled off. Watered the chickens and put out oyster shell and grit. 



Then back to my place to pack and load up for my Superior deliveries. Flowers, herbs, eggs and veggies.   I love my customers, they are all so fun. 

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much food you're able to grow in the desert. Your flowers are exceptional and the kale is looking good.

    ReplyDelete