My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

(Backup) 6/26/18


Good morning Edda. Yes breakfast soon.  Sad this morning to find a dead duck and another one missing. They have been loose in the yard at moms and sleep away from where Edda is cabled. I suspect an owl. Edda is cabled because she is a Houdini and escapes the fence every chance she gets. I will start feeding the ducks in Edda's space so hopefully not to lose any more. 



I got a late start this morning and by the time I finished chores the sun was over the hill. Came on like a blast furnace so I decided to work in the shade. Got my tools out. 


I cut some boards to finish a new pen. 



I typed up the board meeting minutes for the Globe-MiamiFarmers Market while the paint dried. 



While the second coat of paint dried I added some shade cloth to some pens that need it. 



I made up 2 trays of soil blocks and planted green onion seed. 

 I also moved the water hose around a lot. Then went to moms intending to eat, cool off, clean up and go visit mom. But then this happened:



That was my step dad's business (he passed away a few years ago). But still family involved there. Well I left the house which is two hills over to get ice because they cut our lights off due to the fire. Then when I came back there was a barricade and the cop wouldn't let me through. So hung out at the shopping center where I could watch the fire and later went to my place to do chores. Finally sitting down at 7:30. Still have to feed dogs. And then I'm going to bed. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment