My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, June 28, 2018

6/28/18. Just a Day


 After chores at mom's house this morning I got to my place about 6:00 and mixed a batch of concrete. The water has been undercutting the wall. So I worked on fixing that. 



There is more to do before we get heavy rains but that's a start. 



I put the last coat of paint on the boards to fix another pen. 



I picked kale to deliver to customers. 



It was getting too hot so I spent some time inside cleaning up. This cross stitch pillow was from my great grand parents. They were teachers. Grandpa was also a gardener and bred bearded iris and dahlias. 



I went back to mom's and watered the chickens. I wet their pens down and give them tubs of water to cool off in. 



I went to see mom at the nursing home for a bit then went back to the house and made a batch of prickly pear jelly. 

Then afternoon chores at mom's and my place. Then back to mom's, feed the dogs and I'm done. Good Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment