My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

6/27/18 Cement, Silkies and Moremixing

mixing cement
After doing chores at mom's this morning I got to my place about 6. First thing I made a batch of cement and slogged it up the hill to reenforce the fence posts.

Buff Orpington and other chicks
Then I fed and watered the birds at my house. Funny how different breeds of chicks show different temperaments even at a young age. This pen with several Buff Orpingtons is much calmer than a younger pen with mostly Ameraucana, those chicks act like they are being attacked every time I even open the door.

spring hatched silkie
Silkies are usually the calmest of all. They make great pets and like to snuggle.

squash on a trellis
The big squash vines are beginning to run, this trellis has spaghetti, red kuri and trombonccino. By August you will see nothing but green here.

The Mail o.o
I spent most of the morning watering and moving hoses around. Then headed for the house. A huge pile of mail to sort out and bills to pay. Then went to visit mom. My daughter and grand daughters came to visit. We sorted out some junk for a yard sale. Later I did regular chores and now as soon as I feed the dogs, I'm headed for bed.

good night world

No comments:

Post a Comment