My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, September 13, 2019

Farmer Friday 9/13/19


I just like this picture 😁



Pack rats and squirrels are sooo destructive!  Another plant is just a bare stump. 


I’ve lost about 10 hens to a big hawk and pack of coyotes. This morning there was evidence of a skunk or a coon hanging around. 


I’m putting up fence as fast as I can. 


The sunflowers are almost done but the zinnias are taking off. 

The little back garden needed some attention this morning. 


This bed of dwarf grey sugar peas did not do well. I don’t think it got enough water. I’ll be replanting the bare spots. 


Running twine around the dwarf peas to keep them contained. 


A big ful moon.   The weather has cooled slightly. Hopefully things will start growing better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment