My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Fencing and more


I got this run of fence along the creek wired up. 


I got the big beam out of the bushes the other day along with an old bunk bed spring frame. The rest of the junk is too tangled up to pull out. Besides it’s not in the way. 


I know my mind is in the right place when I find a heart rock. 


Got the posts set on this side of the crossing. 


Working on clearing brush by the hoop coops. This turned into several jobs at once. Lowering the slope where the fence will run, adding to the rock wall and working on water catchment. 


A few eggs, white peaches and tomatoes. 

I was asked to judge the vegetables at the county fair. 


This little silkie is the only one from spring hatches. She is in the house for today as the bigger birds were picking on her. 


Spaghetti squash on the compost pile. 

The coyotes are still hanging around. There’s a pack behind me and one down the canyon. Trying hard to get the fence finished so I can turn the dog out. Coyotes are after an easy meal and won’t usually come across the fence with the dog barking at them. They will try to entice the dog out so the pack can kill it. 

There’s also a pair of hawks in the afternoon and just about the time I’m trying to sleep the owl and it’s baby start in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment