My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, September 27, 2019

The Work is Never Ending


Got the wire up all along the creek. Just have to go back and plug some holes. 


Back to work on the steep part. That 2nd post is a 10 footer since there is such a jump in elevation there. 


I took a break from the fence to put hoops and bird net over this bed and get it planted. There were already some volunteer calendula and purple sprouting broccoli which I left. I found more in the path which I moved to the bed. I added some giant red mustard, red Mizuna and spinach. Fingers crossed it’s cool enough for the spinach. 


Then I discovered the leak in the drip line. At least it was and easy fix. 


Somethings been digging at the hoop house. 

Another quick fix. 


Back to the fence. Yep that post is leaning. Hit a rock. Can’t get the post out. Oh well. 


Set 3 traps to catch a coon. 


A visitor while I turned some compost. It was really a brighter green.  And then it was dark. Some food and sleep and do it again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment