My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

More fence


So back up the hill to work on fence. 


The ground is still very dry on the slopes so I had to pour some water in the hole. While I waited for it to drain I came down to this section to plant a tree.  This was beginning to gully and I’ve been throwing tree branches and stuff into it for a few years so the soil is building up a bit. 

This Arizona pistachio doesn’t make large nuts but it’s a nice evergreen tree. It won’t shade the garden in the winter but will help block some of the late afternoon sun in summer. 



I broke for lunch and discovered the kittens were out exploring. 


Back to the fence. The view from up here. The big hoop coop bottom left and the house hiding in the weed trees over on the right. 


And finally it’s done. 


Now to do this section between the chicken pen and the garden. But first I’ll have to cut out that yucca and trim back the cat claw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment