My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Catching a Diamondback Rattlesnake


Well that was an adrenaline rush at oh gods thirty in the morning. I will tolerate chill rattlers out at the edges of the yard, but not close to the house or where I’m walking all day. 



Miss Teresa kindly came over and caught the snake easily. She will release it elsewhere. Hopefully I don't have any more around. This one is smaller than the one that I saw in my garden recently. That one was quite large. I blasted it with the hose and have not seen it since. I blasted this one this morning and it just seemed to make it mad, it would not leave the area.



No comments:

Post a Comment