My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunday July 10, 2022


Mmmm. I’m not sure that’s a smile of happiness more like grinding our teeth. Poor Bambi. 

Bambi did get up to eat some rose priming’s with the other girls. 


Most of today’s agenda is dishes, laundry, trash. Mmmm. The silverware drawer is empty so I guess I better wash people dishes 


Found this Nankin on the ground unable to walk this morning. Put her in a box in the house, gave her some water. Late afternoon she was perching on the side of the box so I put her back out in her coop. She was a bit unsteady on her feet but looked like she’d be ok. Don’t know what happened. Might have gotten a scorpion. 

It was way too hot and humid to work outside after morning chores so I did dishes, laundry and trash. I packaged up soap that was ready. Currently I have lavender, rose, unscented and unscented with colloidal oatmeal. 

And I managed 2 batches of soap. One of oatmeal (it’s selling better than I thought it would) and one of lilac. This soap takes about 8 weeks to cure and harden up so trying to get stocked up for the holidays!

I was out after dark watering. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate that the girls had bucklings so I’m not tempted to keep any kids. 😁




No comments:

Post a Comment