My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, July 9, 2022

To Market To Market


Got a few little jobs done on Friday like putting cattle panel over the hole in Posie’s gate 


I stuffed the pallet fence with weed tree saplings to help give these girls a little shade in the late afternoon. Would like to extend that some. Have also thought of being able to tie off a little shade cloth high up on the sticks for more shade. 

Didn’t really show up in the pic but there’s a huge hole in a fallow garden space. Maybe a rabbit burrow as it looks bigger than most of the ground squirrel holes I’ve seen. Goes quite always down. 

Had a lovely time at market and came home to Chocolate and Gazelle going walk about.  They even had Posie’s gate open. 

Apparently the wooden fence post I hinged to dried out and the pintles are twisting. Got the girls in, temporary fix. Will work on it when it cools down some.
At milking time I discovered there was more to the story. Posie has broken off her small scurs…

AND Mocha has blue paint on her horns (like Chocolate and Gazelle.  Mmmm so now I wonder if Posie and Mocha got out and they got the other gate open.  Mmmm. 



Digger looking cute and innocent. He’s getting a little better about chasing the cat and chickens IF I catch him BEFORE he actually does anything. Like we are walking and I see a loose chicken and Digger is paying too much attention to it. If I tell him NO and distract him it’s good. 

I have no idea what was sooo interesting under the car. 

Tonight’s milking was interrupted by a thunderstorm with a little rain so took even longer than usual. Got the bottle baby, Digger and me some dinner and went to bed. 

#appreciation
I appreciate all my customers that help support my crazy life 😀






No comments:

Post a Comment