My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Today was Derailed by the Crazy Train


Digger got his leash stuck because he went around the tree half a dozen times. 

Doing chores. The view from Bashful’s pen. 

Mmmm.  Chocolate are you sprouting and udder?   Mmmm. 

Mmmm. And Gazelle too. But I didn’t breed you two. And I have NO recollection of you and Bashful being out at the same time.  Mmmm. 

So Digger and I are just doing chores, I’m watering some plants as I go. No hurry. And realized Chocolate has her head stuck in the fence. 

I *almost* got her loose but her horns are too long and wide and she was fighting me trying to maneuver her head. Texted a friend and while we waited for help I put down a stack of cement blocks for her to stand on. 

So my morning was derailed and nothing I planned to do happened. By the time I got some smaller mesh wire over the cattle panel it was too hot to work in the sun. 


Mocha is a piggie. She is scraping up the fine residue of feed that is stuck to the feed pan with her teeth. 

Lousy pic, I know. But livestock guardian dogs are amazingly smart. Digger goes around this pen when I’m feeding. (These chickens are freaked out by him so I don’t let him go in this pen). Coming back down his rope catches under the edge and he gets stuck. Today as he came around the corner he grabbed the rope in his mouth and carried it so it wouldn’t catch. 



And the consensus is Bambi is pregnant. Oh boy. Getting more than I bargained for!

PS: this should have posted on Thursday but having issues with technology....







No comments:

Post a Comment