My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Crazy Couple Days


So the sand filter I made 30+ years ago finally clogged up. So I dumped out all the sand and rocks. 


I don’t have the time or energy to redo it like it was right now. Instead I used some old shade cloth and sewed up a barrel size bag to catch the lint. I zip tied it to the top of the barrel. Works great. 

The cats left their snack in the bathtub. 


The arugula seed is ready to pick. 

Working on the patio. 

Greens mix for market. Forgot to get a pic of the radishes and flowers. 




The oldest chicks are really enjoying the chick tractor. 



The goats got loose. 

I thought I fixed it. But they got out again Saturday morning. 

Posie was found but Fireball is still on the loose. I spent all of a hot afternoon running a hot wire on the inside of the pen to keep them from pushing the fence out again. 


But I did get to see my oldest and youngest grand babies. 

And their mom. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate my children and grand children. They are kind and thoughtful, generous beings. I love you all so much. 






No comments:

Post a Comment