My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

A Crazy Saturday 5/23/2020


After chores, breakfast,watering some wilting seedlings I loaded up and went to Superior to deliver eggs, veggies and flowers. On the way home I had to-get feed. 

My daughter brings me spoiling produce and today that included some yogurt that was at its use by date. So the chickens got some veggies dressed with yogurt and crushed egg shells. I filled some water buckets, checked on babies, watered plants. 

In between I prepped a duck for dinner. Stuffed some lemon thyme in it and lightly scored the skin to let out the fat. The oven is out so I made a rack inside the roast pan and put it  on the BBQ. 

The grill doesn’t close with the roaster  on there but it would get too hot any way. 


Probably a bit over done. But I was busy. 


Well you would think that with 3 cats in the house a mouse wouldn’t dare. But it did. Ate all the squash and Mexican sunflower seeds. Also ate or dug up seedlings in other trays. So I replanted several trays. 


And at nearly dark I went and picked up Ian, a Golden Gurnsey buck. Miss Posie was not only not impressed she was even mean to him. Hopefully she’ll settle down in a day or two. Whew time for dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment