My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, May 1, 2020

Farmer Friday Happy Beltane


Been a crazy week. The Mexican primroses are blooming. 


More chicks hatched. 

I discovered peel and stick white board. 2x3’ now on the freezer. The red scribbles are only on the picture to cover my customers names, for their privacy. My old smaller board is now my to do list. 



The potatoes are jammin’. Other things not so much. 

My daughter brought me fresh mozzarella. My first attempt at pizza on the BBQ. Ugly but tasty. 


A pot of snapdragon blooming. 


The blue sage and golden poppies are more beautiful in real life. 

I took the row cover off this bed to find half of it growing like crazy and the other half wilted and nearly dead. Not sure if it’s part is sandier and drier or if it’s nematodes.  Cabbage, calendula, beets, sunflower. 




There are now 5 Nankin chicks. When the first ones hatched both hens left the nest with the chicks. The eggs were still barely warm when I found them and put them in the incubator. A couple more made it and I put them in with the others. 



And some baby Silkies. These guys are just too cute. 

#appreciation
Today I appreciate the abundance in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment