My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Chickies day 5/13/2020




Started my week with the goats tearing up the fence. Got them rounded up. Miss Posie (pictured) is not too happy with the new hot wire on the inside of the fence. Fireball has gone to a new home where there are more goats her size. 


The little Nankins have finally figured out how to go up the ramp at night. 

The potatoes are jammin’



I don’t know what kind of squash / pumpkin this ...


But it’s getting kind of scary



I spent the morning moving chicks. The oldest to a bigger tractor. And this younger batch from the brooder coop to a tractor. Then the next batch to a bigger brooder pen so I could bring out the babies from the house so I could take new babies out of the incubator. Whew. I really thought I took pics of all of that!


I picked some peas. I thought I planted snap peas but they turned out to be shellers. These just filled a quart bag. 


And that’s after shelling. Actually more than I thought. 


Range fed beef and home grown peas for dinner. 





Broody mamma and some babies



No comments:

Post a Comment