My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, December 22, 2023

Day 3: Twelve Days of 2023




We had crazy storms with snow, wind, hail and rain


Poor chicken could have died!

                               

Caramel was visiting to be bred. She was still in milk and one day on the way to the milk stand took off up the hill.

                                             



Lots of tomato seedlings were started


Esmarelda needed to be milked twice a day but was super easy to just do it in her pen for the morning milking.
But she's ticklish when she's so full of milk!



She gave this much milk twice a day. Of course most of it went to her twin boys which a friend fostered for me because my life was insane at the time.


Egg production was picking up.





my Itty Bitty Baby Greenhouse (just 6x8 feet) was packed full of mostly tomato plants


I hatched lots of chicks


My Farmer Boy tried his hand at milking. Esmarelda as so good and stood so still for him


Freya Cat liked to sleep on top of the incubator.


Besides hatching a lot of my own eggs I had also bought in some chicks to raise


Digger wanted to eat the chicks

But Digger Dog chews up everything!




No comments:

Post a Comment