My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Day 9: Twelve Days of 2023


If you are new here, I'm recapping 2023 as one post per day. This is September. I started working on putting a solid roof over the girls pen instead of tarps.


A Colorado River Toad stuck in the squirrel trap.


I don't think these were the same two toads as this one looks much bigger. These are poisonous to any animal that tries to eat them, they have poison glands on the back of their heads.


I went to fill a chicken water and when I brought it back in discovered this king snake under the cinder block. Since it didn't move at first I wasn't sure if it was stuck or what.



 

Did you know all the baby scorpions ride on mom's back?


Bianca, Queen of the Coop. Sadly I lost Bianca recently but she lived to be about 14 years old and was a great broody hen.



This coyote comes in close, right to the fence some evenings to tease Digger Dog. 



I discovered that I still have root knot nematodes in at least one area. These things suck big time and I am sooooo over them!


The tomatoes are still coming in.


I cleared out the cucumber vines from the small raised beds to get ready to plant fall crops.



Getting a solid roof over the girls pen



And done.





No comments:

Post a Comment