My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Day 6: Twelve Days of 2023


And this is my June 2023 recap. I was given boxes of squash and Digger Dog would steal and eat them




The Hollyhocks were amazing this year






The crazy amazing tomato garden




A little gopher snake. I've only seen a couple this year. I have seen a lot of the king snakes.



First tomato




 I had bought Bentley awhile back but didn't have pen space so he'd been living at my friends house. Since Gazelle and Chocolate and their kids had left the farm I had space to go pick him up and bring him home



He started out sharing a pen with three young boys from front to back, Jupiter, Apollo and Tiny Tim who isn't so tiny any more!




The spring pullets are growing up



And some older girls are laying

A nice basket of tomatoes

Around this time I started making sugar or face scrub



A canine of some sort (I do suspect a coyote but it could have been a stray dog) Dug under the back of my big chicken house and killed several young layers. I moved the survivors to a safer spot and temporarily patched the hole.








No comments:

Post a Comment