My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Day 5: Twelve Days of 2023


Christmas Evie is always into mischief!


Nothing in the world is as cute as a baby goat!


I bought a cheap greenhouse off Amazon. Over the summer I used it with shadecloth over tomatoes. I'm actually a bit paranoid to put the plastic cover on, for fear a heavy wet snow will collapse the lightweight frame.


I am soooo happy that the king snakes have found my place! I haven't seen a single rattler all year!


Bambi's hair is looking weird and she seems very itchy. This was the point when I started learning about copper deficiency in goats. 


The little chicks are growing up



I planted out the greenhouse space with tomatoes in pots and buckets and had the most amazing crop ever.





                                
Bambi didn't always want to let her kids nurse, especially the two smaller ones, Pinto Bean and Tiny Tim so they were getting bottles. My Farmer Boy came to visit and got to feed them for the first time.


Digger Dog was shedding out his winter undercoat 


Three bucklings; Esmarelda's boy Jupiter and Bambi's boys Tiny Tim and Apollo. Tiny Tim weighed less than 4 pounds when he was born but in the end he was as big as Apollo who weighed 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment