My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, December 25, 2023

Day 4; Twelve Days of 2023


A recap of April 2023; All loaded up for the plant sale at the Globe-Miami Farmers Market, I had over 500 plants. I don't think I could fit any more in the van.


I started making goat milk lotion

Hatched more chicks


Had crazy cold weather with thick ice every where.



Longer days mean egg production is up


Digger Dog turned 1 year old.


The spinach crop was totally amazing



Storm had triplets, 2 girls and a boy




                                                
Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere are chick chicks!


Things were going great and Then I got waylaid by a scorpion sting


Storm seemed to have a touch of milk fever (not enough calcium intake so not enough in the blood stream)


Storm is a funny girl

With all the craziness that went on when Bambi had her kids, like my plumbing issues, friends had taken Bambi and her kids to foster them for awhile so I could get things taken care of. Now Bambi and her babies are home.




No comments:

Post a Comment