My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Day 7: Twelve Days of 2023

 

This is my recap of July 2023. I had a super tomato garden compared to the last few  years




We had many days at 105 degrees and hotter, with no rain in sight.


What did Digger Dog find now?




Some clouds and pretty sunsets but all the rain passed me  by.


I'm surrounded by packs of coyotes.


The goat bedding heats up like crazy in the compost pile.


Bambi likes people; other goats not so much.


A little salamander of some sort that was in my kitchen sink looking for a damp cool spot.


Some kind of giant fly

Sacred Datura pops up here and there around the place

Another baby king snake.



Unlike the dwarf breeds of goat my Nubians are seasonal breeders with the does coming into heat sometime around July/ August until mid Janurary at the latest. Well this July was a pretty crazy start to the breeding season.





No comments:

Post a Comment