My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, February 7, 2020

Farmer Friday 2/7/2020


Cleaning a coop this morning. I do deep bedding with shavings and sawdust. First step, rake the cleaner shavings off to one side. 

Then shovel up the more broken down material underneath. 

Just to give you an idea of how deep it is. Realize this is just the lower layers. Where it’s a little damp IG smells like earth. 

Then take the loose shavings back over. Later I’ll add some fresh bedding to the top. 


I got part of this trash wood moved out of the way. 

I added a few more sticks to the wind break. I also delivered veggies and eggs to Superior. Did the usual chores. Now it’s time for bed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment