My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Saturday 2/8/2020


I was sad to find Mr Miracle down this morning. Unfortunately he didn’t make it this time. I’m thinking he had some hidden defect in his nervous system.  



So I’m evaluating his 2 half brothers as potential breeders. This one has several flaws. I’ll look closer at the other one tomorrow. 


A friend came over and we processed 10 old hens and one really mean rooster. The hens were all very fat and hadn’t laid in months. One was beginning to show signs of ascites also known as water belly.  Kind of like congestive heart failure in people. It was good to put he out of her misery. 

It was a very nice warm afternoon so I spent some time picking up trash and getting  this pile of old wood moved. It’s almost gone. 

1
#100daysofappreciation
Today I really appreciated the warm sun and getting some things accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment