My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thursday 2/20/2020


Loads of eggs here!


A little hawk came to visit. Pretty sure it’s too small to take any of the ducks or chickens in the uncovered pen. 

I spent this morning working in the big chicken house.  Took out a little bedding and forked over the rest. I have been wanting to do some work in here for a while. I put up shelf brackets to hold up these metal bins. The old wood I used before disintegrated a long time ago. 


I just set the bins on the brackets and put a couple screws through the back into the wall. 


Almost done. I ripped down the old curtain. I’ll put up a new one later. 


Those bins are old store fixtures and probably held bulk candy or something. Their removable fronts are long gone. So I cut down the edges of some 1x3 to a quarter inch so they would slide into the brackets. 

That worked pretty good. 

Some shavings and the girls are ready to check it out. 


I also put up some new feed troughs and got rid of the pans on the floor. That and getting both nest boxes on the wall freed up some floor space. 



Spring is seriously trying to come here. It was a beautiful sunny day.  I love how it’s not full dark until almost 6:00. 




No comments:

Post a Comment