My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Silkie House 2/5/2020


Finally getting back to putting this coop together. A little crooked as some parts had warped while it was sitting in pieces. And I realized these two side panels were in the wrong places. 

But I finally got it altogether.  


I zip tied some foam board signs from work on the end and one side to help block the wind. 

Added bedding pellets topped with shavings because it’s supposed to rain and snow next week. 

Cut up some trash wood for the stove. Delivered eggs. And at dark rounded up all the Silkies and put them in their new house. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I’m appreciating my accumulated resources and my toasty fire. 



No comments:

Post a Comment