My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, February 1, 2020

It’s a MIRACLE!


I told you about this Black Copper Marans cockerel the other day.  I brought him in because he was having seizures. He has spent about a week just standing or sitting in one spot. If I held water or mushy food to his beak he would eat and drink but he wouldn’t  move to reach food or water. A couple days ago he did start reacting to noise and motion near him. Then it looked like he might have had another seizure. I was afraid I would have to cull him. 
Then this morning he jumped out of his box and was walking around pecking at things!  When I put his food and water dishes on the floor in front of him he ate normally. When I left the front door open he went outside to explore.  I put in back in his pen with his hatchmates and he seems perfectly fine!  I can only think that he was stung by or ate a scorpion. I can only imagine that if I hadn’t caught things when I did he probably would have died. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I appreciate the timing of the Universe. My day has unfolded beautifully with perfect timing 

No comments:

Post a Comment