My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thursday 2/13/2020



Today was another beautiful sunny day. It was cold and frozen early in the morning. Started the day off by sifting more compost. 


Finished putting compost down on this bed and planted more arugula. 


Planted a row of peas and covered with bird net. Fingers crossed. 

Digging out Bermuda grass. 

Do you see the big root? From a mesquite tree about 30’ up the hill. About 4’ mor of grass to dig out. 


A nice surprise. Some of the older Black Copper Marans hens have started laying again. 

Loads of eggs today. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today again I really appreciated the warm sunshine.  

1 comment:

  1. That looked like pretty much work, Mary!! Digging and weeding requires quite a stamina. Wish your hard work give you remarkable results. Look at those eggs!! I thought it was pebbles. I loved the way you do everything organic. Great going Mary and keep inspiring us with beautiful posts!!

    ReplyDelete