My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday 3/29/2020


Eggs going into the incubator. Boy I was super busy today but apparently never stopped to take pictures! I retrieved the commercial style brooder from storage so I could get those little Nankin chicks out of the incubator. That meant having to move and sort and clean out some space to put it.  Then swept the hay barn at the feed store. Managed a couple loads of laundry. Planted out some Tatsoi starts and planted some radish seed. Gave all the hens some oyster shell. Filled up all the waterers. Sifted compost and made potting soil. Made 4 trays of soil blocks. Planted 2 trays of beets and 2 trays of zinnias. Pulled some weeds for the chickens. Candled all the eggs in the incubator and pulled the quitters and infertile. Sorted and marked all the ones going in tonight. Visited a few minutes with a friend that stopped by. Chatted online with my daughter in England, she wondered if anyone had heard from her dad. Later her dad called me, worried because he hadn’t been able to reach her. I called my dad today too and talked a long time. Whew! No wonder I’m tired!



#appreciation
Today I appreciate unexpected goodness coming my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment