My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, March 23, 2020

While the world goes crazy 3/23/2020


While the world is going crazy outside my gates farm life goes on. Still have to feed the chickens. They are still laying lots of eggs. 


Maremma smiles 

The cats have discovered the incubator is warm. 

The flowers are blooming 

I spent several days down having muscle spasms in my back. Much better now as long as I’m careful about certain movements. I potted up the tomatoes and put them on these shelves after I wrapped them in netting and covered them with frost cloth to keep them warmer. 


I made up some soil blocks and panted marigolds, kale, tatsoi. 


I rearranged the junk piles

So I could move this little house and the ducks out of a garden space. The ducks are not real happy with the space reduction but it’s just temporary. 

These are Chayote squash I bought from the bargain bin last month. I haven’t grown them before. I understand they have one big seed and you plant the whole thing, which I did today. 


I also planted the shallots my friend gave me awhile ago. They got lost on the counter but now in the ground.  And so life goes on. 

#appreciation
Today I’m appreciating friends old and new and all of the blessings they bring to my life





No comments:

Post a Comment