My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, June 24, 2022

Farmer Friday



Mmmmm.  That is Bambi. Her head is facing to the bottom of the picture. Her left side is where her rumen is. But that bulge on her right *could* be babies. I didn’t plan things that way. The plan was to milk her through summer and breed her this fall. But there was more than one breakout so it’s possible she had a late heat and got pregnant. Sooo. That means we need to dry her up and she is currently half the milk supply because Midnight and Storm are feeding twins and Mocha’s girl is taking most of her milk too. Time for more pen building!

I did harvest some pretty Swiss chard. 

The wind blew, the sky got dark with lots of thunder grumbles. But not a drop of rain. 


Midnight’s twins are getting big. 

Did the usual feeding and watering. Feeding the bottle baby every 3-4 hours puts a kink in things. Went to Superior to deliver orders. I’m beat. See you at the Globe-Miami Farmers Market in the morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment