My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday June 27,2022


So this morning was a bit crazy. Little dog followed me doing chores. When I went to take Bashful his hay I *thought* the gate was shut tight enough to stay closed but it swung open behind me. Bashful freaked out over the puppy and ran out. He’s pretty much impossible for me to catch up by myself but I tried to herd him back in. We just went around in circles so finally I just went on and got everybody fed and watered. I was already running late for work. I even tried getting him to follow a little grain and that was working until we were almost at the gate and little dog started barking and howling because I had penned him up again so Bashful bolted. Then since he was hanging around Posie’s pen eating my apricot tree I got the idea to use Posie to lure Bashful back into his pen. Whew. He followed her right on in. Posie didn’t fuss much about switching pens but Mocha hollered all day because her mom got to go over there. I was only 20 minutes late for work. 0.0


Got home and wrangled the bottle baby on one side and the puppy on the other. Puppy is catching on that he has to sit or lay down and be quiet when we do this. Then I got puppy some lunch. 


It’s been pretty warm and puppy was born and raised in cooler country so we fixed him a pan of water to play in. 

I went and got some lunch and managed a couple things in the house then it was time for chores. Feed the bottle baby again. Feed and water everybody and get ready to milk. 

Little guy seems to love water. 

Again I put him a little ways away from the milk stand and again he spent most of an hour barking, whining, growling and getting tangled up. The goats still don’t like him but things went a little better this evening. 

Bottle baby was crying when I got done so he got fed. While doing that my phone dinged I had a message and I realized I hadn’t taken Bentley any hay. Sure enough it was my friend who is keeping him for me reminding me. I called her (hard to hold the phone and text while also holding a bottle) and we had a nice chat. Since I have to work early tomorrow I took hay as soon as I was done feeding the baby. And on the way home realized it was bedtime. 

But I still need to put milk away and wash dishes. And just as I got that done I remembered I had udder washing rags in the washer that need hung up. Got that done and now it’s waaay past my bedtime! Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment