My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, June 27, 2022

What A Weekend: adding to my crazy train


Saturday of course I went to the Globe-Miami Farmers Market. 


Sold lots of lotion, word is getting out!  And I really appreciate all my customers, old and new, for buying products so I can keep running this crazy train. 


Got home from market and made two batches of lotion. Probably need to make about four more!

Sunday was a road trip up between Snowflake and Concho. 


Mmm. Am I lost?   Sure glad it hasn’t rained here recently, I’d never get the van down this “road”. 

An almost 3 hour drive to pick up this fluffball. Half Sarplannic and half Anatolian. Livestock Guardian Dog. 


Looks like he will look like his dad when he grows up. 


He barked and growled most of the way home. We stopped in at TSC to pick up a collar and new leash and he did pretty good in the store. 


I put him in the small pen next to Bambi’s crew that 
Bashful started out in.  He whined, cried, barked, growled and tried chewing on the fence, he wanted to get in with the goats so bad. But the girls were not happy. Lots of snorting and foot stomping. 




Since I have to take Bambi and Storm through that pen to milk I decided to just have him out near the milk stand but where he wouldn’t be in the way. 



After about an hour he finally just passed out for awhile.  After milking I fed little goat and little dog and listened to little dog howl and bark off and on all night. Hopefully tonight is quieter!




No comments:

Post a Comment