My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday 6/14/2022


A lot of Tuesday was the same as Monday. Up at 4:00, outside by 5:00. Feed, water, check babies. Mmm we think Esmarelda is pregnant after all. Her udder has begun to grow just a tiny bit so at this point I’m going to guess early August. 


Baby check. 


The flies have been horrendous and while the stinky traps work well they are expensive. So I bought bait crystals. Yes they are poison, especially to invertebrates ( relatively low toxicity to animals and humans) so I really don’t want to just toss them everywhere. Experimenting with DIY bait stations to keep it dry. A plastic jar with windows cut out. We shall see. 


Milking time. Midnight was first and after talking with one of my goat keeping friends her udder is probably fine and unless she develops symptoms not likely to have mastitis. The we milked Posie and now it’s Mocha’s turn with Posie and Latte looking on. Bambi goes last. 

I made a batch of Lavender soap and an experimental batch of Orange Blossom scented lotion. And now I’m too tired to do the dishes. Well they aren’t going anywhere and I’m going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment