My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, June 13, 2022

Monday Monday


Oops that’s a bit blurry like my eyes at 5am. Forgot to mention yesterday that I dismantled a chicken tractor in the front yard and moved it to a fallow garden space. So this morning I moved the oldest chicks in, been trying to get this done for 2 or 3 weeks now. Then in the afternoon I moved some chicks from the house to the big brooder coop. 

I salted and put away the cheese 

Cooked some duck eggs and ate my egg and cheese burro while I 


Watered the potted plants so they don’t die. Got done just in time to leave for work. 

It was 95°F when I got off work so after checking on everyone I set up and made a batch of Goat Milk Lotion with Lavender essential oil. 


Then washed up and made a batch with Lilac. 


After washing up some more dishes I took the goats their afternoon hay and did a baby check. The twins are doing good. 

Storm is due Sunday but could go earlier. It is a full moon, after all. 

Esmarelda says Hi. 



Did the usual afternoon chores, feeding, watering, collecting eggs, milking goats. Washed up milk equipment. Labeled all the lotion. Time for bed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment