My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

10/16/19 I Have achieved Gatedom!


First thing this morning was adding to the new compost pile. I like to get them built in 1-2 days but it just didn’t happen this time. 

I rake the bigger fresher stuff to one side and get the finer more broken down material underneath for the compost then add fresh bedding. 


It took a trip to two hardware stores but I got the gates hung. 

Now to cut out the brush and fill in the gap. 

All done. What a relief. 


A temporary fix here and tomorrow working on a couple more places to keep Giotto from getting into garden spaces and digging giant holes.  I have to get some more hardware to hang a gate here. Now I’m beat and off to bed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment