My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Onward


The morning started with a post hole. 


Then expanding this chicken pen which also narrowed the space I have to close up here. 


At chore time I found this chick standing but unable to lift its head off the ground.  While that can be a symptom of botulism my first thought is always a scorpion sting. So I brought it in and gave it some children’s Benadryl. It’s better this evening and can probably go back out in the morning. 


I did get the gate post set and started to mark out and dig the next one when I remembered the gas line is on that side of the road. So called 811 which used to be blue stake. The lines should be marked by Friday. 


At evening chore time discovered that a tarp was shredding on the hoop coop. So replaced it. I need to put grit and oyster shell out but ran out of daylight. 

And little boy cat caught his first mouse a couple nights ago. Not sure if he ate it or if it got away as I was trying to sleep while he was growling at girl cat to keep away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment